1. In what ways was the life remarkable?
2. In what ways was the life despicable?
3. In what ways was the life admirable?
4. What human qualities were most influential in shaping the way this person lived and
influenced his or her times?
5. Which quality or trait proved most troubling and difficult?
6. Which quality or trait was most beneficial?
7. Did this person make any major mistakes or bad decisions? If so, what were they and
how would you have chosen and acted differently if you were in their shoes?
8. What are the two or three most important lessons you or any other young person might
learn from the way this person lived?
9. Some people say you can judge the quality of a person's life by the enemies they make.
Do you think this is true of your person's life? Explain why or why not.
10. An older person or mentor is often very important in shaping the lives of gifted people by providing
guidance and encouragement. To what extent was this true of your person? Explain.
11. Many people act out of a "code" or a set of beliefs which dictate choices. It may be religion or politics
or a personal philosophy. To what extent did your person act by a code or act indepently of any set of beliefs? Were there
times when the code was challenged and impossible to follow?
12. What do you think it means to be a hero? Was your person a "hero?" Why? Why not? How is a hero different
from a celebrity?